we'll put more thought into formatting this into a clever way
- focused on the outcome and not the output
- take ownership for losses as much as for wins
- get revenue share in the work you do
tradeoff: ownership comes with accountability, when we win, we win big. when we lose, everyone will feel it. you're not insulated from the lows - and if we get punched in the face we won't tell you "it's all going to be alright"
having self awareness & realism
- understand the tradeoffs you're making
- understand when someone else is better suited for a given task, and delegate it to someone else
tradeoff: we don't tell everyone "we're all equally effective at everything", which is considered impolite in most places. we acknowledge that facing our weaknesses will hurt feelings
having a sense of urgency
- constantly asking "how can we achieve the same outcome with less work"
- prioritizing getting it right over getting it scalable
tradeoff: when we build something for the first time - we expect duct tape on it. we acknowledge the debt we take on
- we trust you to act in the best interests of the team over yourself
- we don't have admin policies to stop you from rent-seeking our hr policies
tradeoff: we won't be able to maintain strong controls, if we start losing trust in each other, it all comes toppling down. don't be the person who makes hr necessary.
having drive & aggression
- winning does matter, and you're always striving for more
- always push for the extra mile, always looking at the next highest peak
tradeoff: we acknowledge it might cause someone to inflate their achievements, and it comes at the cost of comfort